- Technical details
- Datasheets & manuals
Infrared camera optris PI 640i
The thermal imager optris® PI 640i is the smallest measuring VGA infrared camera worldwide. With an optical resolution of 640x480 pixels, the PI 640i delivers pin-sharp radiometric pictures and videos in real time.
With a body sized 45x56x90 mm and weighing only 320 grams (lens included), the optris PI 640i counts among the most compact thermal imaging cameras on the market.
It can be delivered with industrial thermal imager equipment and it comes with an extensive license-free thermography software package.
- Temperature range:
-20°C to 900°C
- Spectral range: 8 to 14 µm
- Frame rate: 32Hz
- Starting from £ 6250, software and
I/O interface included
Technical Details of the optris PI 640i
- Scope of supply:
USB cable (1 m),
PIF cable incl. terminal block (1 m),
software package optris PIX Connect,
Rugged outdoor transport case (IP67)
- Detector: FPA, uncooled (17 µm x 17 µm)
- Optical resolution: 640x480 pixel
- Spectral range: 7.5 - 13 µm
- Temperature ranges:
-20 °C...100 °C
0 °C...250 °C
150 °C...900 °C
- Frame rate: 32 Hz
33° x 25° FOV / f = 18.7 mm or
15° x 11° FOV / f = 41.5 mm or
60° x 45° FOV / f = 10.5 mm or
90° x 64° FOV / f = 7.7 mm
- Thermal sensitivity (NETD): 40 mK
- System accuracy (at ambient temperature 23 ± 5°C): ±2°C or ±2%
- Ambient derating: ± 0,05 %/K 1)
- PC interface: USB 2.0
- Process interface (PIF):
Standard PIF: 0-10 V input, digital input (max. 24V), 0-10 V output
Industrial PIF: 2x 0 – 10 V input, digital input (max. 24 V),
3x 0/4-20 mA output, 3x relay (0 – 30 V/ 400 mA), fail-safe relay
- Ambient temperature (TAmb): 0°C...50°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C...85°C
- Relative humidity: 10 - 95 %, non-condensing
- Enclosure (size / rating): 46 mm x 56 mm x 90 mm / IP 67 (NEMA 4)
- Weight: 269 - 340 g (depending on lens)
- Shock: IEC 60068-2-27 (25 G and 50 G)
• IEC 60068-2-6 (sinus shaped)
• IEC 60068-2-64 (broadband noise)
- Tripod mount: 1/4-20 UNC
- Power supply: USB powered
Part number: optical resolution / frame rate / thermal resolution
- OPTPI64I: 640x480 pixel / 32Hz / 40 mK
1)Tamb 10...50 °C and Tobj ≤ 500 °C; else: ± 0,1 K/K or 0,1%/K (the higher value applies)
Areas of application for the thermal imager optris PI 640i
The high-resolution infrared camera optris PI 640i finds use in all industrial applications, where pin-sharp infrared pictures and videos are of essence for process monitoring and optimization.
The real-time thermographic images prove especially valuable for surveillance and quality assurance in the automotive sector, in the plastics branch, and in the semi-conductor as well as photovoltaic industries.
Thermography software optris PI Connect included
All IR cameras are delivered with the thermography software optris PIX Connect, which has been developed specifically for the extensive documentation and analysis of thermal images. It allows you to analyse temperature data in real time as well as the remote control of your infrared camera. Furthermore, you can setup individual alarm levels for your process and define visual or acustic alarm signals.
Our thermography software is licence free and can easily be adjusted to your requirements.
Infrared Basics (4.3 MB)